What’s the news?
AT&T* Dream in Black is back in-person at the much-anticipated 2022 ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ presented by Coca-Cola®. Taking place June 30th – July 3rd in New Orleans, La., this year’s events are bigger, more immersive, and further integrated than ever before. This event continues AT&T’s ongoing commitment through its AT&T Dream in Black initiative, an always-on platform focusing on connecting communities to greater possibility through experiences that empower and uplift Black and Afro-Latina communities.
Why is this important?
Known for celebrating both the culture and the creators who shape it, AT&T Dream in Black activations at this year’s event capitalize on the mindset that, “success can look like anything that we can dream.” Experiences like Afrotropolis 3.0 will be an innovative 360-degree wonderland curated to intersect Black culture, creativity, artistry and technology with exciting opportunities for festival attendees to discover, explore, and further build their network.
With an impressive slate of talent, AT&T Dream in Black will deliver diverse programming and impactful moments throughout the weekend’s events. Over the course of the three days, AT&T will showcase:
- Tree of Dreams presented by AT&T Fiber, inspired by the majestic Baobab, Africa’s iconic tree of life, is an interactive activation connecting shared messages of joy from festival attendees and remote supporters from afar powered by the speed and connectivity of fiber to populate the tree as a symbolic and glowing reflection of community and connectedness.
- AT&T Dream in Black NFT Video Booth powered by AT&T 5G allows Essence Tech Summit guests the opportunity to mint their own custom Essence 2022 Dream in Black NFT art from local New Orleans artist, Jade Meyers.
- Panel discussions will also be taking place throughout the festival weekend’s events with AT&T executives – Michelle Jordan and Angela Baskerville alongside Romeo Miller, Lori Harvey and LaLa Milan on the Essence Wealth & Power and the Essence Tech Summit stages discussing topics ranging from advancing representation, NFT’s to growing wealth and more!
- To further AT&T’s mission to provide access for opportunities for Black and Afro-Latina communities, AT&T will also be hosting AT&T Office Hours for small business owners in-person at AT&T’s booth in The Shops at Essence marketplace for business guidance and mentorship. Attendees can visit attdreaminblack.com/activation-events/officehours to sign up for a time slot to speak one-on-one with AT&T Executives and celebrity entrepreneurs including Romeo Miller and Lori Harvey.
- Follow the AT&T 5G Squad of brand ambassadors, Coco Jones, Ebonee Davis, Ragin Ray, and Court & Lex, throughout the festival weekend for a behind the scenes experience alongside celebrity guests such as Grammy award winning artist, Ashanti, Terrence J. and Tisha Campbell Terrell Grice.
What are people saying?
“A core part of our commitment and responsibility to diversity, equity and inclusion is to uplift and empower the communities we serve,” said Corey Anthony, SVP, Chief Diversity and Development Officer. “We look forward to a weekend full of insightful discussions and innovative technological experiences that will give attendees the opportunity to connect to greater possibility.”
“I’m excited to join AT&T Dream in Black for this year’s ESSENCE Fest,” said Grammy award-winning singer/songwriter Ashanti. “As a co-founder of a Web3 company, I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts on NFTs and the importance of owning your creative work.”