Starting March 30 you can preorder the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ from AT&T either online or in stores, and stop by select retail locations March 31 for a sneak peek of its infinitely amazing entertainment experience. The smartphone will be available in stores as early as April 21.
Customers who preorder the Galaxy S8 or S8+ via AT&T NextSM on the nation’s best data network can take advantage of each of the following offers:
- Up to $750 in credits towards another Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+3,
- A Samsung Gear VR included, along with a controller powered by Oculus and an Oculus content bundle4,
- A Samsung Gear S3 for only $49 with a 2-year service agreement5,
- And, for only 99-cents, you can get a Samsung Tab E and/or a Samsung Gear S2 when you activate 2-year service agreements.6
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be some of the first devices able to deliver ultra-fast wireless network speeds from AT&T when we launch the AT&T 5G Evolution Markets in the coming months in Austin and Indianapolis. We expect our wireless network to initially offer theoretical peak speeds of 400Mbps or higher,7 and expect to enable theoretical peak speeds up to 1 gigabit per second in some areas later in the year.
With the Galaxy S8 and S8+ on the AT&T wireless network you can stream the latest video data free8 via the DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW9 or Fullscreen10 apps. You can also watch what you want from virtually anywhere on the high dynamic range (HDR) certified smartphone with an Infinity Screen featuring a stunning edge-to-edge display.
Revolutionary features of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ include:
- Bixby Vision: Turns your already amazing camera into a smart camera. It takes brilliant photos, as you’d expect. It also helps you identify landmarks, translates foreign languages and find tells you where you can buy an item.
- Facial recognition or Iris Scanner11: Unlocks your phone with just a glance.
- Steadfast security: Defense-grade Samsung Knox™ keeps your critical data and private information safe wherever you are.
- Fast wireless charging: Charge your phone without fumbling around with cords.
- IP68 water resistant rating: Resists a splash or an accidental dunk.12
- DIRECTV Remote: Turn your phone into a DIRECTV remote control when you are watching TV at home.
On AT&T Next you can get the Galaxy S8 at $25 or the Galaxy S8+ at $28.34 for 30 months with eligible service.13 Business customers can purchase either device on Enterprise Installment Plans (EIP) over 36 or 24 months.
AT&T wireless customers can sign up for the AT&T Unlimited PlusSM wireless plan14 and get a $25 monthly video credit15 towards any AT&T video service including DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, or U-verse TV. After 22GB of data usage per line, AT&T may slow speeds during network congestion.
New AT&T wireless customers can also receive $650 in credits when they switch to AT&T from another wireless provider and buy a new smartphone with eligible service on AT&T Next after trading in their old device.16