T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) is expanding support for small and mid-size businesses (SMBs) to help them navigate the COVID-19 crisis, offering up to 90 days free service to new and existing customers who switch their employees to T-Mobile. And, T-Mobile is giving away $100,000 to some of America’s favorite small businesses, asking people to share videos about their favorite small businesses with #TMOSmallBiz and #Giveaway. Finally, the Un-carrier is launching a web series – Taking Care of Business – hosted by Mike Katz, EVP of T-Mobile for Business, featuring SMB leaders sharing new insights and stories to navigate these uncertain times.
“We love SMBs … they are the engine of this economy and the source of so much innovation and inspiration! And now, they need our help – every one of us – more than ever,” said Mike Katz, Executive Vice President, T-Mobile for Business. “The entire T-Mobile for Business team is ready to help SMBs navigate through this unprecedented time. Whether it’s saving on your wireless plan, riding the only 5G network nationwide, winning some much-needed cash or just getting helpful insights from other SMB leaders, at T-Mobile, we are with you!”
90 Days Free
Small and mid-sized businesses can get a one-time $100 port-in bill credit per ported line, through June 30th — that’s like getting up to 90 days free! To qualify, add a voice line on a qualifying Business Unlimited or Magenta for Business rate plan through the T-Mobile for Business sales team and port in a number from Verizon or AT&T for that new line within 60 days. Join the most satisfied business customers in wireless, get award-winning benefits and 5G access included at no extra charge. For more details on the offer, head here.
Give That Biz a Shout-Out
As part of the company’s longstanding commitment to supporting the SMB community, T-Mobile is stepping up to give away $100,000 in cash prizes to small businesses this week! Anyone can take to social media to support a business they love by nominating them to win $2,000 – $10,000 for a total of $100,000 in giveaways from T-Mobile. Now, through May 17, create a video (60 seconds or less) to share what your nominated business means to you and how they impact your community … and post it to Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #TMOSmallBiz and #Giveaway to show those businesses some much-needed love! Winners will be announced the week of May 25.
Taking Care of Business
And to further support small and mid-sized businesses at this critical time, T-Mobile for Business is kicking off a new Q&A series on Facebook. Starting on Thursday, May 14 at noon PT, Mike Katz will interview a small business leader to discuss the shifts they made to weather the COVID-19 storm. This Thursday, Mike sits down with Mark Canlis, a 3rd generation owner of the James Beard Award winning, Seattle fine-dining restaurant, Canlis. Canlis is a Seattle legend, serving the community for 70 years as an upscale dine-in restaurant. Like many business owners ordered to close doors or shift the way they serve customers, Mark faced a challenge unlike any his family’s business had ever seen. The Canlis team quickly evolved to offer delivery, take out and drive-thru to continue feeding the community and keeping their workers employed. Look for more exciting guests to be announced soon!
We Support Businesses and We Won’t Stop
When the coronavirus hit, T-Mobile immediately went to work to shift its business operations to continue to meet the evolving customer demands:
- T-Mobile signed and renewed its commitment to help keep consumer and small business customers connected through June 30, as part of the FCC’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge.”
- The Un-carrier deployed additional spectrum from multiple spectrum holders after seeking special permission from the FCC, effectively doubling capacity across the nation. In addition, T-Mobile expanded network roaming for legacy Sprint customers nationwide.
- Providing unlimited high-speed smartphone data on the T-Mobile Network to most current customers who have legacy plans without unlimited high-speed data through June 30, 2020.
- Giving T-Mobile postpaid and Metro by T-Mobile customers on smartphone plans with mobile hotspot data the ability to add 10GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot each month for the next two months (20GB total) through June 30, 2020 (excluding T-Mobile Connect).
- In New York City, where T-Mobile worked with the school district to provide LTE connectivity on tablets for students in need, online educational tool usage has shot up 268%.
- T-Mobile has donated millions to Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Feeding America and other groups to help families struggling with childcare and food security during this timeframe.