Verizon Media, a leader in providing trusted content, commerce and connections, today announced “Reset Your Mindset,” a two-part, virtual wellness event series, taking place on May 20 and 27. The live-streamed events, hosted on Verizon Media’s Yahoo, will feature entertainment, sports, health and business thought leaders in discussion on topics of wellness – mental, emotional and physical – and how it translates at home and the future at work.
“Reset Your Mindset” will explore how holistic wellness can transform our experience in many facets of life. From the pursuit of happiness to the science of resilience, to how businesses are helping their employees lead through crisis, the conversations will focus on the crucial tie between physical and mental health. Participants will highlight personal stories designed to inspire, inform and raise awareness for issues and experiences during this uncertain time.
“The issue of mental health and wellness has never been more urgent,” said Guru Gowrappan,Verizon Media CEO. “Whether you are a parent, an employee, an athlete or a business leader, everyone is dealing with similar issues on mental, emotional and physical wellness. We are all in this together. Verizon Media is in a unique position to leverage our platform to connect all of those conversations, share good practices and facilitate insights from some of the leading influencers across business and entertainment.”
The first event – “Reset Your Mindset” at home – will take place on Wednesday, May 20 starting at 4:00pm ET and focus on the personal side of mental health and wellness. During the 90-minute event streamed on Yahoo, industry thought leaders, newsmakers, athletes, celebrities and medical experts will share their insights – and their own stories – about how they approach mind and body wellness and the importance of prioritizing mental health during this uncertain time. Brought to you by Yahoo Life, a newly launched site focused on news and lifestyle content dedicated to wellbeing, the program will feature discussions and appearances by:
- Emily Baldoni, Actress, Entrepreneur; co-founder of AMMA
- Justin Baldoni, Actor, director, producer; co-founder of Wayfarer Entertainment
- Hilaria Baldwin, Co-Host of “Mom Brain” podcast and author of “The Living Clearly Method”
- Mayim Bialik, Actor, author & scientist
- Deepak Chopra, Author of “Metahuman” and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center
- Genevieve Gorder, Interior designer and TV personality
- Lori Gottlieb, Psychotherapist & Author of “Maybe You Should Talk to Someone”
- Jewel, Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter and mental health advocate
- Dr. Dara Kass, Yahoo News Medical Contributor and Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University Medicine
- Kevin Love, NBA Champion; 5-time All-Star and founder of Kevin Love Fund
- Jillian Michaels, Health and wellness expert
- Michael Phelps, World Champion; Founder, Michael Phelps Foundation
- Dr. Laurie Santos, Professor of Psychology and Head of Silliman Residential College at Yale University; Host of the “The Happiness Lab” podcast
- Dr. Shefali Tsabary, Clinical Psychologist and Author
- Serena Williams, Athlete & entrepreneur
- Lori Woodley, Co-founder, All It Takes
- Shailene Woodley, Actor; Co-founder, All It Takes
The second event – “Reset Your Mindset” at work presented by Yahoo and Fortune will take place May 27 at 5:00pm ET. CEOs and influential leaders will convene to discuss leadership in a time of crises, examine what it takes to keep businesses thriving during a period of economic uncertainty, and speak to innovations that may arise from the pandemic. The 60-minute, candid conversation, streamed on Yahoo and moderated by Yahoo Finance’s Julia La Roche, will also focus on the importance of mental health and wellness in the workplace as companies shift focus to tackling these issues and creating a healthy work environment that positively impacts its employees and business.
Speakers will include:
- Mark Bertolini, Former Aetna CEO
- Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks Owner
- Mindy Grossman,WW International CEO
- Dr. Patrice Harris, American Medical Association President
- Nancy Lublin,Crisis Text Line CEO; Creator of Dress for Success
- Alan Murray, Fortune CEO
- Christina Stembel, Farmgirl Flowers CEO
Verizon Media recently announced its commitment to mental wellness with a $10 million donation in advertising inventory to support mental and public health response efforts to address the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The inventory is being used to raise awareness and mobilize resources, deepening Verizon Media’s longstanding commitment to supporting the health of the global community at large. Verizon Media will also provide campaign support including creative services and management.